Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wow Time Flys

Time flies when you're grading and planning lessons. Since I've posted last I have had a week of teaching one class a day and today was the start of teaching two classes a day. I think it will be a few weeks before I take over the full class load. I definitely need to get used to planning, grading, and teaching for two...classes that is. hehehe. I went from having 4 1/2 hours to plan/grade during the school day to having 3 hours with twice the stuff to do. This is also my first week of going to school all week since starting my student teaching.

I have learned the teachers pretty much would almost rather have a two hour delay than a snow day. Here's why, you only get so many snow days but their isn't really a limit on how many delays you can have. Plus, you get to sleep in a little later and instead of having the kids for an hour and a half per block you only have an hour. Basically the day flies by. Its awesome.

So on top of all my school work gymnastics and shooting have gone into their busy competition season. It seems like every weekend from now till graduation has something planned already for it. I know I like keeping busy but its getting a little exhausting, luckily shooting helps relieve the stress at least for a little while.

Now its time to vent. WHY DO KIDS INSIST ON WRITING SO YOU CAN BARELY READ THEIR WORK??? I seriously think they do it on purpose. Cause I've seen them write neatly from time to time but 4 out of 5 assignments I'm trying to figure out if its a 6, 8, or 0. And then there's their names. At least write your name neatly so I know who to give the grade to otherwise you're just gonna get a zero for not doing the assignment.

So today I took over another class. This class is essentially an honors class so these kids are used to doing a decent amount of work and usually its a little challenging. Well, on their warmup for today they only had to answer true or false that's it. They were all a little stunned but got working after I confirmed that all they have to do was choose true or false. With that one of the boys in my class informs me that I am his new favorite geometry teacher. I turned to him and told him that I wasn't going to be by the end of class. He looked confused and went on working. Well, today they started working with If-Then statements and basically the whole thing is rewrite sentences in different forms. By the end of class, the same boy calls out to my cooperating teacher to inform her that she is back to being his favorite geometry teacher. I just smiled and laughed to myself cause I knew he would change his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment