Monday, May 4, 2009

Just So My Mother Will Stop Complaining

So for the last week or so my mother has gladly reminded me that I haven't updated my blog. I'm glad she has time to sit around and just check to see if there is any new info on here. It isn't like I don't call her almost everyday to tell her the exact same stuff that ends up on here.

Well, I have manage to survive teaching a full teacher load for my required two weeks. Well, really I skipped a day but life will go on. Plus, it was the only day I missed all semester and two out of 3 classes were in assemblies. So really, I skipped the easy day. Teaching the full load wasn't that bad at all. I now know for sure the last 5 years haven't been a waste and I still am that crazy girl who WANTS to teach high schoolers math. I think the hardest thing was not having the out of school time to work on stuff due to gymnastics and shooting (but we all know that I'm not giving either of those up).

I have worked my way back down and only have one class to teach a day. As busy has teaching all 3 classes was I would take that over the boredom that is starting to set in with only teaching one. I know realize why my cooperating teacher has read so many books this semester. As much as I am ready to get out of here, there's definitely some kids I'm going to miss. Some of them were even asking if they could come to graduation, it was really sweet. However, I told them they would have to be in Radford at 10 in the morning and many of them said they would just tell me congratulations on my last day here.

Last weekend ended my collegiate clay target career. It was extremely bittersweet. As much as I wanted to knock out a lot of the people on my team by the end of the year, I'm definitely going to miss it. But now I think I'm going to start going to shoots around the state with my coach next year. I could actually win some money shooting now!

So graduation is Saturday and I have to get all the stuff I have accumulated in Radford over 5 years packed up. This has taught me that the best time to clean out your stuff is when you have to move it 400 miles away. I have managed to throw away almost as much as I have packed. At the rate I'm going everything other than furniture would fit in one car. However, I haven't done much with my bathroom and closet. And I know I won't find much to throw away in either of those places.

As stressful as my life was about a month ago, teaching a full teacher load and having no idea what I was doing next year, things are quickly falling into place. I am going to look at a place to live next week, have an interview with a part-time job next wednesday and should hear back from a full-time job in the next two weeks or so. I guess I was stressing for nothing. I SURVIVED! Now all I have left is two and a half days of student teaching, a night or two out with my college friends, then its graduation and off to the real world, and I can say is BRING IT ON!

1 comment: