Monday, December 14, 2009

I didn't fall off the face of the earth

Update on life since the last blog

May - Graduated college, went back to Sterling, and did lots and lots of subbing and e-mailing trying to find a teaching job

June - More subbing, got a sub job that lasted the rest of the school year, got an interview at PV, moved out of the parents house, found out Heather was pregnant

July 1st-4th - probably the most exciting 4 days of the month, July 1st - got called to work the first half of summer school, which is a pretty sweet deal work 16 days from 8-1 get $3,000 (the broke recent college graduate said yes, plus I still hadn't heard back about my PV interview or gotten any other interviews). July 2nd - teacher workday for summer school come home to find an e-mailing me offering me a teaching job at PV (I accepted of course), July 3rd - got my first coach purse from my favorite girls (and Ed), July 4th - turned 23!

The rest of July - I don't believe too many other exciting things happened other than finding out Virginia was pregnant (I made sure not to drink the water at Glory Days)

August - went to the lake for a few days, got to hang out with some of the newest members of the family, Dylan and Billy, (two of the cutest little boys ever). Then came home about 2 days before I started all my teacher workdays (which if you are a brand new teacher and new to Loudoun county is about twice the amount of days of a regular teacher) Lets just say after about the third day I had info coming out my ears and all I wanted to know was what classes I was going to be teaching. By the end of the month I knew I would be teaching Algebra I (mostly 9th graders) and Algebra II (mostly juniors and seniors with sophomores and freshman sprinkled throughout)

September - December - These months have kinda all run together. They've been full of lots of working, both at PV and Glory Days (bartending once a week either Saturday night or Sunday during the 1 and 4 pm games) plus tutoring and lots of other school type activities.

In most recent news, for possibility the first time ever my 8th block class did not drive me insane. I don't want to jinx it but just maybe these kids are starting to mature. Saying this probably means they will be horrible on Wednesday but at least I know I'm not fighting a losing battle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment